Thursday, October 3, 2013

This IS such a thing as dumb questions.

I can walk into a store in a good mood and leave wanting to kick a stranger in the shins all over one simple conversation.....

And that conversation always starts with the same...three...words.

"Are they twins?"

Seriously? I mean, come on. Are you SERIOUSLY asking that question?
No, they aren't twins. Infact, 2 different dads. One black and one white. My black little girl is just REALLY light colored.

"Both Girls?"
Nope, I like to dress my little boy in pink just like his older but shorter sister

COME ON PEOPLE!!
Don't be dumb.

If 2 kids walk into a store that are the same age, the same height, dressed the exact same 99% of the time they are gonna be twins!

And honestly? Why do people even have to stop and ask me questions?
When I go to the store with just Brycen no body stops and asks me a million questions.
Nobody spends 2 min telling me about how their 2nd cousin once removed has a little boy his age.

(Im not trying to sounds rude or anti people, but this series of questions happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I go somewhere)

And then, some people take it even farther which makes me want to kick them even harder.

"So is having twins as hard as it seems?
..
.....
........
..........
gee. not at all. This has all been a breeze. 2 bottles and 2 diapers at the same time, piece of cake. 2 screaming children is every mothers dream. I love having 2 three year old attitudes at the same time.

"I always wanted twins."
shut up. no you didn't. You may have THOUGHT you wanted twins but you just wanted the CONCEPT of twins. You didn't want double the dr appointments, double to preschool expenses, double the car seats, double EVERYTHING.

"Wow, they look alike! Obviously you don't have a problem telling them apart though"
Of course I don't. Because when God blesses you with twins, he also gives you a magical power to be able to tell 2 people that look  EXACTLY alike apart. Wasn't that nice of him??

Think before you speak people.
Or just don't speak.


(I know this was a very rude, and probably out of line blog post but I am having a very stressful night. I can't tell my daughters apart and it is the most frustrating thing in the world. This was supposed to be getting easier. Not harder.)

No comments:

Post a Comment