Wednesday, October 12, 2011

How did I get so lucky?

My kids amaze me.
They are just growing up so fast.
Today we went to Burger King in Nappanee to let the girls play. I just assumed they would walk around the play area and climb up and down the step.
Oh no. Braylee did the entire thing. She climbed up the rope, thru the tunnel and down the slide.
She was so proud of herself.
I was so proud of her.
Braycee didn't ever really attempt to do it but I'm sure if she tried she would be able to do it too.

All kids grow up and learn to do new things. I totally understand that. It just seems different with the girls.

Maybe its because I still remember seeing them laying in the NICU. They were so small and helpless. Looking at them today though, you would never realize it. They aren't behind in anything. My babies were 7 weeks early and didn't need 1st steps and had no developmental issues.

God is good. Thats the only thing I can come up with. He has been a part of their lives from conception. There is no other possible reason for them to be such healthy perfect girls today. I look at them and wonder how in the world there are people out there that don't believe in God.

And then I look at my life and realize I don't give God the love and respect he deserves. Look at everything he has done in my life. Look at the home I was raised in, the family that loves me, the education I received, the friends I made, the husband he chose for me, the family I married in to, the children I was blessed with, and the way my life has turned out. Just as he has been there since conception with my kids, he was the same way with me and how do I treat him? Like crap. All he asks for is for me to love him, believe in him, and spread his word, and to strife to be like him. Thats it. There are weeks I don't even give him Sunday mornings. How sad is that?

There have been so many times in my life that I vow to make a change. I always say "this time its going to be different" Well, I know me. Chances are this time is going to be the exact same. However, now, now I have someone else to think about. I have my kids to think about. I want them to know Jesus and love Jesus, and have Jesus in their life. That means I HAVE to change. Would I love for me to change because its what I want? Absolutely. I know how that ends though. If I change for my kids though? those are three little people I refuse to let down. So, maybe in the process of growing their relationship with Jesus, maybe my relationship will grow too. That would be pretty neat...

No comments:

Post a Comment