Thursday, October 13, 2011

Talking thru kids....like kids

90% of parents do it, if not more
I do it
Brad does it
I always promised myself I wouldn't do it because it annoyed me so much.
Yet
I had a baby and BAM!! I got sucked it

Brycen, a newborn baby has a poppy diaper and what do I do?
me talking to brad - "brycen, say *using a baby voice* daddy, change my diaper"

Why o why o WHY do we talk thru our kids!! And its not like we can talk normal either. When we talk thru our kids to someone else, we have to try to sound like a kid which face it
none of us are good at it.

NEVER would I EVER think to talk thru a friend. I would NEVER be with Jill *i dont even know a Jill and say "Jill, tell your husband *using my best jill voice* Dear, I'm going shopping"

Its creepy.

Yet just because we are doing it with kids, does it make it normal?
Acceptable?

I have once been sitting around the table with my family and held an entire conversation between jaxon and Brycen yet Jaxon and brycen say nothing, its me and steph treating our sons like puppets.

It sounds silly right?
And you've realized you do it to!
Yet, for some reason, its a natural reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment