Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I hate feeling scared...

It gives a sick to my stomach feeling everytime I log onto WNDU and there is another crime being committed so close to home. Whenever I heard stories that happened in Chicago, or Gary, or even lately South Bend West Side, I feel reassurred that I live in a small friendly community. Sure, our apartments go through some minor issues with vandalism, car break ins, and such; but, I still feel safe. I know I have my neighbors looking out for us and I know police officers are making rounds keeping an eye on us. All the issues happening in Goshen lately have just kind of put me on edge, especially with Brad working 2nds. It scares me to go out with the kids and come home when its dark out. I am paranoid at every little sound I here. It just seems like lately, my sense of security has been taken away. I can't imagine what my friends must feel like who actually live in the Goshen, Elkhart, and South Bend area. How are you ever supposed to get your sense of security back? When the murderer is arrested? What about all the other criminals out there, taking advantage of a scared community....

No comments:

Post a Comment